Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Translating a hobby!


#5 Hobby

My list of journal prompts from Mary
includes this beauty...
When I was at a recent meet up one of lovely ladies triggered an idea for this page. 


You see art journaling was not my first love... In fact, I had a whole life as a sewer and quilter prior to this adventure.  I even tried to sew a pair of pants once... that was a MAJOR fail!  

I am a lover of all things sewing though...
 I would love to have a dress form just for the inspiration it might lend to me!

I was super excited to use a leftover apron pattern in my art journal. 
I modge podge'd up the page and slapped that bad boy down!
Then it tore... and it didn't fit quite right... 
So I added some more pieces, and I stamped it up some using my Ranger distress inks!


It was starting to look better.... Then it hit me... since I was already going for a little sewing theme, why not actually sew on the pages??? 

So I pulled out my embroidery threads that mom had given me last time she was here.. and I went to work on the edges! 


Then I added a little sewing in the middle of the page with a piece out of my scrap dictionary about a "pattern." 



On the opposite side I used some glitter glue to write "Sewing Machine" 
and some ribbon that looks like a tape measure.  



Finally I added a quick sewn paper flower that I adapted from this tutorial.

I hope you enjoy!
What is a hobby that you would journal about?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!