Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sam's Gringo Guac

Two days ago I received an excited call from my nephew Sam.  
He and my niece spend a few weeks every summer with Pop and Grandma at their home in Charlotte, NC.
Sam was calling because they had come up with a recipe for Guacamole!  
What better place to showcase that recipe than here on my blog??  
Well plus I get to eat the guac for the next day or two! 

SAMS GRINGO GUAC
6 avocado's
1 ear of fresh corn
1/2 can of black beans
1 lime
fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 cup salsa

Cut and chop the avocados, cut corn off the ear and add to the avocado's, drain and rinse the black beans and add to the mixture, squeeze lime juice on top, add cilantro and salsa, and mix.  I added some salt to taste, and am eating it with a bag of chips!  


This is the perfect snack for this HOT summer day!  Thanks Sam for the recipe, I'll be adding it to the family cookbook!  




What is your favorite fresh treat in the summer?

1 comment:

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!