Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tim holtz June tag



How have I missed these fun challenges all year??? 
The challenge is to make a tag and tim (as in TIM HOLTZ) shows you how to 
color an "antique" photo using nibs and your distress inks! 
This photo was perfect for the challenge!
No, it's not anyone I know... I found it at an estate sale a few weeks back.


 The background of the tag is distress inks, mottled with water, and then a stamp of flourishes in black distress.  Once that was done I went to work on the photo, which was originally black and white 
mounted on a piece of blue cardboard. 
I colored her top with barn door red, and her hankie around her neck I did a combo of Crushed olive and Peeled Paint.  
For the "2" I used a "bone button" that I had in my stash from way back, I embossed the 2 using vintage photo distress ink, and clear embossing powder.
The 5 came from a pack of vinyl letters I got on clearance last month.
Some more stamping, and I went to work on the placard. 
I used some paint dabbers, and some black acrylic to distress what used to be a shiny silver.  
I got to use my "new" typewriter to make the sentiment.  I added a little fabric flower underneath, held together with a sparkly brad. 
I really struggled to "fill the empty space" on the bottom of the tag, but I finally ended up adding a sixpence
left over from some of the wedding projects, and tied up with 
some twine from the twinery 

Finally what is a tag without a ribbon?? I colored some white ribbon using my distress inks, and added another piece of twine, added a pin and a rusted washer. 


I can't say how much fun I had doing this project!  It really was a labor of love to make all of this tag 
without running to the store to get this or that!  I've stood strong all month.... So far two weeks of not buying any new product!  I hope you enjoy this! 
Entering into:





1 comment:

  1. oh ♥WOW♥! what an amazing tag--you are definitely a MASTER of those inky techniques and it SHOWS! thank you for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!