Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crock pot breakfast

We had a potluck on the 4th of July at my work..
Since I have to be at work at 5:45 am, I though I'd do some breakfast before the lunch smorgasboard!
When I opened up my fridge the night before I found a dozen and a half eggs that were on their last day or two! 
This is what I came up with:
1 1/2 dozen eggs
1 cup or so of milk
1 lb bacon cooked and chopped
1 large bag of frozen hash browns
6 slices american cheese
1/2 lb grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

cook the bacon (I like to cut it up using my kitchen sheers prior to putting it in the pan)
Scramble the eggs, and add the milk... set this aside for now
Grease the sides of your crock pot, add half the has browns and cover with cheese
Then top the cheese with the bacon... mmmmm bacon...

Then pour the egg mixture over the top, and cover with the remaining hash browns...
The top all of that with the cheddar cheese!  Salt and pepper to taste...
Set it on low for 6-10 hours
MMMMM it's a hit!
We did decide after eating almost the whole pot that this base recipe would be great with lots of other things... peppers, onions, mushrooms, salsa, green chilis, ect ect ect   pretty much the list goes on and on!  What did you have for breakfast today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!