Thursday, January 17, 2013

My try at Shabby chic

Happy Thursday!
I have another fun bookmark to share with you all today!
This will round out the "set" of bookmarks I've made for my work pals!
There is also a new challenge up over at Saturated Canary Challenge today!
"Movie Inspiration"
And the whole time I was making this bookmark I was thinking of "you've got mail"
So even though it's very hard to see, behind that pretty heart is a "post mark" stamp...
That also happens to be rather old!
Soooooo my movie inspiration is "You've got mail"
Ok, ok ok, so the title of this post is.... my try at shabby chic...
I am not at all happy with this being shabby chic, but it was a shot in the dark!
I know shabby chic is usually pink and blue, and cream
I think I nailed the pink and the blue, but the cream is not usually in my color palette, and well,
it was good to try something new, even if it didn't succeed how I'd like!
That shabby chic challenge is running over at Our Creative Corner for just a few more hours!
Here is a close up of the coloring I did....
I just realized that the litt boy's shoes bled a little....
I hope you like what you see....

I also have a big announcement to share with you all....
I was very rescently accepted onto Angie Delarie's design team!
I am sooo very excited to be working with a very talented bunch!!!
So come back here next week when I share my first creation with a new set of digi's that
she's coming out with!
Well you could come back sooner as I have some super fun posts
all set for this weekend!!! 

Entering this into:
A Blog Named Hero: golden Oldie (that would be the heart stamp in the background)
Try it on Tuesday: Get Stitchy, Real or Faux


12 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute, love it! Thanks for linking up your currently creative post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog.
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. I think it's nice to work out of our creative comfort zones. If we didn't then we would never discover new hobbies. I think you did a great job. :) I love that you used your typewriter as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks very chic! I'm loving the bright bold colors. Great idea for a bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute. I thought of the movie Grease when you mentioned the "Movie Inspiration". Love the added touch of the postage stamp. Can't wait to get my bookmark...I'll be checking my inbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty bookmark. The coloring you did is wonderful,never with the slight bleed on the shoes. You have really brought those kids to life.
    Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute bookmark! Love your layering :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bookmark, useful as well as pretty! Thanks for joining us at TioT. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweetie this is so pretty, love it, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah this is fabulous, thanks for joining us at SC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful tag! Thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!