Sunday, March 31, 2013

Anything but a card: inspired by

Anything But a Card: Inspired by.......
When I first read this new challenge I had lots and of things go through my head
I thought of my mom, and how she really first got me started in crafting
when as a little girl she showed me how to do cross stitch.
Then I thought of how inspired I always am by some of the industry greats like Tim Holtz,
and I have lots of his proucts.
As I wandered around my craft room (ok, so I really just stood and looked around!)
I saw a sheet of paper I made last week using Dylusions inks,
and I remembered a great video I watched from Andy Skinner called Urban Grunge Background.
So I pulled out the piece of paper and die cut the dress from it.
That is my nod to the great Dyan Reaveley's dylusions inks (oh oh oh how I love them!)
For the background of the tag I followed along with Andy Skinners video on youtube
find it here
It's really a fun technique, and I hope to used it again with some brighter or darker colors.
This is a close up of the dress form, and see the pretty lace and the X is a plastic piece
that I distincly remember getting from a local fabric shop about 4 or 5 years ago!
I hope I've inspired you to play along with this weeks challenge!

P.S. I hope you all are having a fabulous Easter!

4 comments:

  1. wow this is a fantastic tag! Love the colors and the dress form is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome and that dress form is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool colours, and the sequin waste is a great touch of texture!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag! The background effect is wonderful and I love the dress form!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!