Sunday, May 12, 2013

Anything but a Card: Challenge 19

Ok, I'm warning you now that there are lots of pics on this post!!!
It's a new challenge over at Anything But a Card...
And I picked this one out!
It's a photo inspiration challenge.
So hop on over and check it out!
 
And here is what I created!
I made this journal all by hand... for my 19 year old nephew,
you see, when I saw him in April I had my journal with me,
and he commented about how much he liked one of the pages,
and I said well I can do that for you! 
The cover is a piece of batik I had leftover from my "quiliting" days.
I adore this piece of fabric. It's just so pretty!
 
Here's a shot of the inside cover, and the first page
See how I did the pages with my dylusions ink sprays??
And here I did a stencil with the sprays as well.
This is page out of one of my ledger books that I added to the stack!
Here's a close up of the cover... I found these cool embelishments that I added to hold the book closed.
Another page, and this cool stamp!
I just love the effect of watered down white paint on the dylusions inks.
If you haven't tried it, do!! especially on the dark dylusions, it make it look like the night sky!  Soooo cool!
Ok, so that's it for pics! 
So are you gonna join in the new challenge??  Come on by and check out
what the DT has come up with for this fun challenge! 
And get outside your card box!


2 comments:

  1. what a great journal and a fantastic gift! I love all the colors and different bits....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your nephew will be totally delighted with your thoughtful and inspiring gift Diana. Those coloured pages provide a fabulous starting point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!