Saturday, May 18, 2013

Challenge: Day 18

Tell a story from your childhood.


Oh no!
Ok, so if this gets long I'm sorry in advance!
When I was little we lived out in the country.
We rode bikes, and we played in the back yard!
We climbed trees, we made forts, and we threw balls!
We also had a garden every year.  If I remember correctly it was a pretty big garden some years!
(maybe that's cause I was small)
I remember in the summers when my mom would go to work
she would leave us a list of things that needed to be done.
It seemed that my list always included weeding the garden, I'm sure there was some sort of
rotation as to who had to weed, but it seemed it was always my turn.
I liked when I got to water the garden much better! The watering part was lots of fun
like making chocolate milk, I would watch the water fill up the rows, and turn a fun brown!
Plus I would put leaves and grass in the water and watch them float down each row.
But the weeding part was never fun, the weeds hurt my fingers, and the dirt would stain my hands.

There were a few times where I could talk my brother into helping me out when it was my turn to do weeds,
but usually I'd wait until the last possible minute before the job absolutely had to be done
before I would rush out and pull the weeds.

What is the best part of pulling weeds though you ask??  or maybe why is this story still going on??
Well at the end of the growing season one year we had an excess of tomatoes.
I don't know how we did... maybe mom planted only tomatoes that year, maybe there was a bug
epidemic that left us with so many, but the 6 of us went out into the grass field, and we did what every
little kids always wants to do...
We had a Rotten Tomato Fight!
Yep, we got to smash mom and dad, and eachother with gobs and gobs of rotten tomatoes!
Ahhh it was sheer bliss, and a memory that I will never ever forget!

By the way, I'm the little girl in the middle of the picture above!
This was not taken after the tomato fight, but at a camping trip!
I also remember wearing that jacket A LOT!! 
My dad used to tell me I looked like Savanah Smiles (look it up!)

Hope you're enjoying my blog every day in may! 

Matthew 13:30
Let the wheat and the weeds both grow together until harvest. Then I will tell the harvest workers to pull up the weeds first, tie them in bundles and burn them, and then to gather in the wheat and put it in my barn.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! They are the cherry on top of my sundae!